Frequently Asked Question
Create a blank email signature in outlook
- In Outlook go to Tools / Options / Mail Format.
- Click the Signatures button.
- Click the New button.
- Give your signature a name like ’signature′
- Click on OK
- Leave the signature blank and click OK then close outlook
Locate your signature folder using one of these 2 options
1- In your outlook options, ctrl+click the signature button, that should open the folder where your signatures are located.
2- Copy one of the following lines depending on what your operating system is.
Vista, 7: %userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Signatures
XP-2003: %userprofile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Signatures
Click on Start and then Run – paste the line you copied into the Run box and hit Enter
Replace the signature.htm file in that folder with the one you previously download.
You should see 3 files created for your sig1 file (in .htm, .txt and .rtf formats). If you can’t see the file extensions, go to Tools / Folder Options / View and untick ‘Hide extensions for known file types’, or right-click the file and select ‘Properties’ to determine the file type. Replace the .htm file created by Outlook:
- Take your HTML signature file and use it to replace the .htm file in your signature folder (i.e. save it as in this system folder, using the same filename as the .htm signature file created by Outlook ).
- Open Outlook and your signature should be ready to be used.